Why install solar panels when you have air conditioning
Solar panel systems can generate some exceptional electrical savings while they harness renewable and clean energy from the sun.
Given the number one reason of installing solar panels is to save on electricity, it makes sense to install these as soon as you are installing air conditioning - which can draw a significant amount of power during peak periods.
If you are considering solar for your home in any event, the economic benefits of installing it at the same time as your air conditioning system are hard to ignore.
The best part about installing solar is that it is a long term investment in savings. These panels are built to last ~25 years so you can expect to save for a very long period of time. You can match the consumption to your air conditioning needs so if you require more, you can always add more panels.
To get started, there are 4 key benefits of setting up your air conditioning and solar at the same time. They are:
- Economic benefit
- The environment and
- The value both solar and air conditioning add to your property.
These can be explained as follows;
- Economic benefits: When the sun is out, you are generating free electricity which can be used to power your air conditioner and other appliances. Stay comfortable all summer without any stress of additional bills.
- Convenience: Both solar installation and split system air conditioners need circuit breakers added to the switchboard with power cables that need to be linked through the roof. This means having both systems installed at once will be more convenient and less disruptive than if you had them done separately.
- The environment: Solar energy is clean energy. Doing your part to reduce our dependance on fossil fuels and the grid leads to lower emissions.
- Value Add: Compared to a house with no air conditioner and no solar panels, having these assets can really increase the value and attractiveness of your home.
It’s also worth noting that rebates on solar installation are presently being offered in Western Australia. This can save you thousands of dollars off the price of installation. We have worked in conjunction with numerous solar panel installers so we can point you in the right direction to make sure you get the best deal.
We hope you enjoyed this article and if you have any questions about your air conditioning setup, please contact us at Customised Air Conditioning.